July 10, 2009

Schoolwork and Babysitting

I'm going to help babysit my niece and nephew tonight. They are a handful! This photo of Lexi and Zach was taken at a 4th of July picnic.

I'm also working on school work today. I already know HTML so I was going to use a free WYSIWYG editor for the technology assignment to get it done faster and spend more time reading. I created a page using iWeb, which is part of iLife which came with my MacBook, but I can't figure out what to do next. To upload it, it appears you have to subscribe to Apple's MobileMe service. You can get a 2 month free trial, but you have to sign up using a credit card and unless you remember to cancel, you get charged a $99 annual fee. I don't want to take that chance. I couldn't find the HTML code in iWeb (I thought maybe I could copy and paste it), so I guess I'll have to do the assignment again using HTML in NotePad unless I can find something else to use online.

Update: NotePad is not free, so I ended up using Nvu Web Authoring Software, which was free and very easy to use. Uploading the html page to the host using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) was more challenging. I used FileZilla after reading the comments on the discussion board. Thank goodness for the course discussion board and Tim the TA.

My final webpage is not very exciting but it meets the assignment requirements (to recreate the look and feel of an early edition of the work): http://www.pitt.edu/~afg17/thoreau_fragment_1.html

Now on to more reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment