July 19, 2009

Cathedral of Learning's Nationality Rooms

I loved spending time on campus at Pitt. It was exciting to visit the historic academic buildings again in Oakland, especially the Cathedral of Learning.

After lunch in the basement food court (worse than I remember, unfortunately), a group of us hoped to check out the nationality rooms, but they were locked and we didn't have time to get a key for the self-guided tour. We did get in the Russian room, which was unlocked. I had a few classes in them as an undergrad and really wanted the group to see more rooms. I later heard from someone that they were closed during the afternoon set aside for exploring Pittsburgh. That's a bummer. Perhaps the faculty could arrange a group tour for another time.

Another option, if you cannot visit the Nationality Rooms in person, is to take a virtual tour online. It's pretty cool, actually.

I also enjoyed seeing sites of personal interest, such as my old dorm and apartment complex, the restaurant where I worked, as well as a visit to Peter's Pub, one of many bars I frequented when I wasn't studying or working.

No comments:

Post a Comment