January 21, 2011

Fun reading, and school reading

As I previously mentioned I am currently reading (or rather, listening) to Dead Until Dark, the first book in Charlaine Harris's series, The Southern Vampire Mysteries novels. At the same time my husband and I are watching season 1 of True Blood, the HBO series based on the Harris's novels. Normally I wouldn't do this simultaneously, but they are both so good and different enough to keep my attention. The book and TV show are an entertaining, occasional break from my studies. 

I look forward to reading the rest of the series and watching the other seasons of True Blood. I believe they are on season 4 now. We may need to join Netflix temporarily to watch the other seasons of True Blood because buying the DVDs are too expensive and I'm sure there is a long waiting list at the library for the DVDs.

I didn't get much pleasure reading done over the holiday break, unfortunately. I was just too busy. I did read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and have requested the audio books
from the library for the other two books in the series. I enjoyed the Hunger Games, but did find it a little disturbing to be labeled a young adult book, but I guess teens are used to reading about and watching violence today. I heard the second and third book are even better than the first one, and I plan to listen to them while I paint the interior walls of my house. A project that is long overdue.

I have 3 textbooks to read this term for school - 2 books for Cataloging and 1 for Medical Informatics. (Not to mention the required online reading of many articles!) Both classes are proving to be challenging, already. I definitely need some enjoyment reading for a break.

1 comment:

  1. The series is so much fun! The characters are really enjoyable... though they really begin to differ from as they are in the TV show. Enjoy!!! I really did.

    ReplyDelete