June 11, 2010

Summer Internship and Travel Plans

This summer I am interning with the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's First Floor: New & Featured department. I love it! This is a quite a relief since I am halfway through the graduate program at Pitt. Now I'm even more excited to earn my MLIS. (It would be a very expensive venture if I didn't want to pursue it as a career, after all.)

I completed spring semester's courses with A's. This summer I'm taking the internship for credit. Later this month I'm traveling to Baltimore to visit friends and family and to DC to attend the ALA annual conference at the end of the month. It is a huge conference with big name authors! I'll be rooming with my friend Merritt from St. Croix, who also earned her MLIS though Pitt's program (which is how I learned about the program).

No comments:

Post a Comment