September 19, 2009

Internet Public Library Internship

This semester I will be working with the Internet Public Library as a Digital Reference Service Intern! The IPL is a public service organization and learning/teaching environment founded in 1995 by the University of Michigan. It is currently managed by Drexel University and Florida State University. Pitt is a partner university.

I was excited to find out that although my supervisor is employed by Florida State, she works from her home in New York. I will also be working on the site remotely. This experience should be helpful to my career if telecommuting continues to be a trend -- I would love to work from St. Croix part of the year in the future.

As part of the internship, I'll help with the IPL question and answering service. Anyone can submit questions through the website and interns and volunteer librarians research and respond to the questions within 24 hours through email.

No comments:

Post a Comment